This is a laptop case made with Batik fabrics. I used the built in stitches and embroidery designs in my Bernina 830 machine. This was made during an 830 training class at the local Bernina Sewing Centre. It was actually easier than I expected. It turns out to be too small for my laptop so I'll probably make another one a little larger.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Just finished this July table runner. I used some of the fabrics from the July wall hanging. It was made using the Little Quilt Company's Calendar Table Runners #140 pattern. These are fun and easy patterns. Something you can finish in a day. On this one I just wrapped the backing (a star patterned blue) around to form the binding. I kinda lost my focus for a while and put a fabric tube on the back for hanging. Forgot I was doing a table runner instead of a wall hanging. Guess I could make a wall hanging out of it if I wanted to. LOL The stars and the light pieces were actually in shades of beige, though the flash lightened them considerably.
Tuesday, July 05, 2011
This wall hanging was made using the OESD Picturesque Peacock design CD with my Bernina 830 machine. I used variegated blue thread for the tail feathers and some metallic threads to add a little sparkle. I even added a little bling in the form of rhinestones. They really added a nice sparkle though the pictures just don't do them justice. After piecing using a zigzag I added the batting and backing. The quilting was simply done when adding the ribbon which was double stitched. I'm thinking of doing another one using a tone on tone navy blue. John made me a nice arched frame which I inserted into a pocket I made on the back. I put in a large button hole in the pocket so the hanger could come through to make for easier hanging.