Monday, November 19, 2012

Stitcher's Garden Blocks

Finished these blocks (Block 11) for my Stitcher's Garden quilt.  I used a leaf decorative stitch on the stems and blanket stitches on the flowers.  I accented them with yellow buttons for the flower centers.  The block background fabric was quilted using a diagonal decorative stitch.   They will be in different areas of the quilt so I used different boarder fabric.  Now to work on Block 12 which includes three separate blocks.

Just finished this December table runner from the Calendar Quilt collection.  I used my Cutwork tool to cut out all of the holly pieces and attached them to the squares using a satin stitch.  The Santa's beard was quilted using a swirl pattern and highlighted with metallic thread.  Wish the pictures would do it justice.  Used a variegated green thread to quilt the remainder.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Project Linus

This is my most recent Project Linus quilt.  It's done using the Four Patch Mix Up pattern.  I added the black sashing to frame each block and to make it a little bigger.  For the back I had some matching fabric, but it wasn't big enough to cover the back so I added some of the six inch squares which made it work out perfectly.  I did the quilting on the long arm.  Now that I think of it I should have practiced some different quilting patterns.  Once the quilt is washed the quilting will really show up.  I'm sure some needy child will enjoy this one.