Monday, March 18, 2013

Bernina 830 Machine Cover

Love to watch my Bernina 830 sewing/embroidery machine at work.  I down-loaded this pattern from Bernina's website.  I pieced together twelve 2 1/2" strips with Soft n'Stable backing, then added the Bernina embroidered pattern.  Once that was done then I layered the lining fabric to the back with 505 spray, then used decorative stitches along the seems.  I quilted the top and side piece before trimming (10"x52") and stitched to the front and back to which I had already added red piping which I had made.  Once put together I added binding using my bias binder.  I plan to make a little trash bag from the left over fabrics.  Pic to follow.  ;)   I'm trying to do my sewing room in reds and blacks.

Saturday, March 09, 2013

JoDee's bag

Just finished this set today.  The purse has six inside pockets and three outside pockets. I did it in coordinating Alabama fabric which she likes, since she graduated from the University of Alabama. The matching wallet has sixteen credit card slots, two zippered pockets on the outside and one on the inside with a full zipper to close it. Don't think I'll be making another one any time too soon as it was a challenge using this directional fabric.  Had to re-cut several pieces due to my not thinking ahead.  Of course this taught me to CAREFULLY read the directions before cutting the fabric.  I also made a small matching make-up bag.  The purse was made using the Newport Bag pattern from Pink Sand Beach Designs and the wallet was made using the Easy Zip Wallet pattern from Scrap-bags.  Now, off the the PO to ship these to JoDee in Alabama.