Monday, September 27, 2010

Texture Magic Purse.....

This is the purse I made in class yesterday using "Texture Magic". In case you don't know what TM is, it's a paper material which is layered on your sewing project. First the main fabric, then the batting followed by a layer of the Texture Magic. I drew lines on the TM to create the quilting pattern which can be done with straight lines or doing free motion quilting with the BSR foot. Sewing the straight lines took a lot longer than the free motion with the BSR. Once that's done you simply place the layered fabric with TM up on the ironing board and begin steaming, holding the hot iron just above the TM as you don't want to touch it with the iron. I used a piece of silk organza as an ironing cloth between the iron and the TM which worked great. It was fun to watch the TM crinkle up as it was steamed. I chose a floral fabric for the center section with coordinating fabric for the top and bottom bands and lining which has several pockets. I used the BSR to do free motion quilting on the top and bottom bands. I will add a hard bottom on the inside for support and it's done. This was a fun bag to make and I'm looking forward to making another one.

No comments: