Friday, September 14, 2012

Tin Lizzie 18LS.....

Finally got a quilting machine.  This is my Tin Lizzie 18LS which is a very nice basic quilting long arm machine.  The only place I had room for it is on our enclosed patio.  I really didn't want to put it out there, but since my mother is living with us right now and using our two extra bedrooms, the only spot to put this 10 foot long set up was on the patio.  At least I have a nice view of the back yard and lake when I'm quilting.  Who am I kidding, who has a chance to enjoy the view when concentrating on quilting. LOL The next step up is the Tin Lizzie 18 ESP which is computerized so you can program it to automatically quilt out many, many patterns for you.  The lady who sold me this just bought the ESP and was very happy to have her old (only 3 yrs old) machine coming to our home.  I'm having lots of fun with this fantastic machine.  It's still under warranty for two more years,  ya for me!!
 Click on pictures to enlarge......

Yep, that's John sitting out on the deck enjoying a little Southern Comfort and a nice cigar, with his best buddy, Icee, (one of our three Papillon dogs) sitting in his lap.

The handle bars can be easily moved to the back of the machine to operate it while using a laser pointer to follow the template which is place across the table along the back side.  You can see the template just past the left handle bar.  I actually find it easier to just do the patterns free hand.  Maybe with time and practice I will get used to using a template and the laser.  But for now I'm having fun with it.
LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

No comments: