Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flowers are a blooming....

Beautiful red Gladiolus

Splendor Hibiscus

Splash Hibiscus
Yellow Harvest Moon Hibiscus
Blue Lily of the Nile
I just love all the colors of Spring. The Hibiscus were purchased at a local flower show and are blooming like crazy. I only wish the blooms would last for more than just a day or two. I've enjoyed cutting the Glads for my flower arraignments. The Blue Lily of the Nile bulbs were rescued after a hurricane flooded the River Walk, downtown Sanford, and tore up some of the flower beds uprooting many of the plants and bulbs. I planted the bulbs on our property before our house was built. They have multiplied and are really producing right now. I hope everything is blooming for next weekend when we have a cookout for John's and Mark's birthdays.

No comments: