Thursday, May 28, 2009

Laser Lure Bass


John received a set three different laser lures for his birthday and I was the first one to catch a Bass on one of them. This was fish was caught on the chugger lure. She was thin in the belly from just coming off the bed, as they don't eat when they are bedding. As usual we returned her to the lake after taking the photos. My guess is she would weigh around 7-8 lbs if she hadn't been just off the bed. When she jumped and I saw the size of the fish on my line I started getting scared I might loose her, but when she was landed that lure was buried in her mouth from side to side. I had a smaller bass hit the lure earlier but didn't land it because, upon examination of the lure, I discovered that I hadn't removed the barb protectors from the hooks. Good thing John removed them before this Bass hit, cause I surely would have lost her too. This was a good day fishing. Of course, any day fishing is a good day.

No comments: