Sunday, May 03, 2009

Mine That Bird wins the Kentucky Derby in style!!

Calvin Borel and Mine That Bird ran a awesome race then made the other horses look slow; it was a well-deserved victory. Borel was squeezed out of the gate at the start and then came from dead last to accelerate to the finish line after weaving through the pack and winning by over six lengths. Borel had a fantastic ride. I loved watching him weaving through the pack along the rail then sneaking past the lead horses to take the lead and win. A classic Secretariat move. You can watch the Kentucky Derby video reply at:
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20090503/kentucky-derby-2009-video-reply/ . Actually my pick was Pioneer of the Nile (jockey Garrett Gomez, Trainer Bob Baffert), who came in second. I was also rooting for jockey Mike Smith just cause I like him and Chocolate Candy cause I liked the name. Not a good reason I know. They were out of the money in fifth place. Hey, at least my picks were strong contenders. This race was one for the books.

No comments: