Sunday, July 12, 2009

Soft Shell Turtles.....

A pair of Soft Shell turtles have been coming in around the dock when we are feeding the fish. Today they were checking out Reno while he was swimming after the minnows. At first I was worried that they might attack him, but, of course, he was too big. They were just interested in his splashing around. After a couple of looks they just ignored him. I'm wondering if this is a mating pair. They always seem to be together.

Reno spent the week with us while Sherry, Keith, Kierstin and Haley were on vacation. He was a busy, busy boy, constantly begging me to take him down to the lake where he would swim for hours. He especially enjoys retrieving toys for me. You should see the gaskin muscles on that dogs hind legs. Looks like a Quarter Horse from the rear. No fat on that little fella. I also took care of Kierstin's two pet rats. They were easy. They slept during the day and played in their cage all night. Wish I had gotten some pictures of them, cause they are actually cute for rats.

No comments: