Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Floral Visions Quilt Blocks

My current project is using my Bernina sewing machine and the "Floral Visions" software for a new quilt. I believe that there are twelve blocks to do in this one.
So far I've completed four blocks using my embroidery module with my Bernina sewing machine. I'd hate to think how long these blocks would have taken me to do them by hand. Each block takes 1.5 to 2 hours on the machine. I'm going to complete the quilt using a medium blue fabric for the main boarder and a pale blue fabric around each square. I'm not sure how I will do the backing at this point. I should be finished with it in a couple of months. Of course, I'm getting helpful instruction on this project from Mel the owner of the Lake Mary Bernina Sewing Center. She's a wonderful instructor. More photos to follow.....

No comments: