Sunday, August 22, 2010

Table Runners

I enjoyed working on these table runners. The blue one was done using the "Tucker Trimmer" ruler which was a great help in getting the triangles cut evenly. It was fun picking out coordinating fabrics and seeing them come together for a beautiful table runner. Can't wait to use it this Fall.I did a "stitch in the ditch" around the stars which made a cool pattern on the back side of this runner. The stitches are supposed to be hidden in the "ditch". I still need practice on this technique, but I'm getting better. For me it's a slow process. This table runner is called "Harvest Homecoming" and was a sewing class project. This was an easier one to make, but still took time. I enjoyed using my BSR free motion quilting foot on my Bernina sewing machine to more quickly finish these projects.The back side of this table runner has a very nice coordinating fabric with leaves and berries. This runner could actually be used on either side.

No comments: