Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday quilts..

OK, I've finally finished and delivered the quilts, but managed to snap some photos before they went to their new homes. I had to hang them outside on the trellis in order to get the photosI was careful not to quilt too much over the horses so as not to distort their beauty. Haley just loved the quilt. Kierstin's dolphin quilt below was done using the lattice pattern around the center panel like Haley's quilt, then I had to make all the other squares the right size so it would all come together correctly. Gave me fits, but it finally worked out really well.

I stitched around the dolphins, turtles and some of the fish, then did a wavey pattern for a wattery look. I think it worked out really well for my first attempt at this type of quilting. Here's a little closer look. Kierstin was really pleased with the quilt and the colors. Me too. :)


1 comment:

ksdenton99 said...

They really are beautiful!!