Thursday, May 12, 2011

The front of Kierstin's pillowcase is done with one of the quilt panels and the back side is done with the swirled fabric seen on the bottom and left.



The top of Haley's pillowcase is made with a panel from the quilt as is the cuff. Below is the back side of the pillowcase...


I've been working on two quilts for my granddaughters, Haley and Kierstin. Haley loves horses so of course hers is the horsey quilt and Kierstin loves dolphins, so hers has dolphins on it. I was able to piece together fabric to make pillow cases for them as well. The dolphin quilt backing is done in shades of blue with dolphins all over it, and the horsey quilt backing fabric looks like grass. I laid them out on Mom's bed to get pics and all I need to do now is finish quilting and binding them. I plan to shadow quilt around the horses and dolphins in the panels. Hope to finish them today, as today is their birthdays. Hope they like them. :)

No comments: