Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Patchabilities

I've been working on these little Patchabilites quilted hangings.  They are quick and easy. You can even get creative with them.  On the July one I added the embroidered wording.  On the August one I used my fabric paint pens to accent the lemons and I quilted ice cubes in the pitcher.  These are fun and easy projects.
 April Showers:
On this one I added rain drops.
 June Summer Fun
I added "Bling" on the flip flops.
July - Added wording
August Picnic Time
Painted the lemons and quilted ice cubes in the pitcher
I purchase these kits from the local Bernina Sewing Centre.  The kits usually include the metal topper and of course the pattern and fabric pieces.  I just trace the pieces on Trans Web, apply to the fabric, cut them out and applique them on the background fabric which I had already added the boarders to first.  Once the applique is stitched down, I add the batting, backing fabric, do the quilting, add the binding and it's done.  The first kit came with the stand, a template and four colors of fabric paint crayons.  I use the template on some of them.

No comments: