Saturday, June 22, 2013

Baby Blanket

I decided to make a Minky baby blanket for my grand-niece, Charlotte.  This was an easy project.  Just took a pink piece of Minky fabric and added Minky binding.  It's a soft little baby blanket, but needed something to personalize it so I decided to do some embroidery on it.  I didn't want all the threads on the back side so I did the embroidery on a lighter pink piece of Minky fabric.
I just love watching my Bernina 830 machine at work.


This was a beautiful Floriani heart design.


Almost finished.


I added a water soluble topping over the fabric so the stitches would stand up on the fuzzy Minky fabric.


The finished project.  Took more time to do the embroidery than the sewing of the blanket.


I think Heather will like this and it's a keepsake for little Charlotte.  I just love the Minky fabric, it's so soft.

No comments: