Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Poor little LaLa


Poor little LaLa. Our friends took one look at her and said, "that's just wrong!" This past Saturday I had to rush her to the vet due to an abscessed anal gland. The vet had to lance it, so needless to say LaLa was not a happy camper. She came back into the room and jumped into my arms as if to say "get me away from those mean people...take me home". I wrapped her tail in pink vet wrap to keep it clean and put a diaper on her because of the abscess drainage. Yuk! Yesterday was the first day she even wanted to play catch with her ball (her most favorite toy). Today was even better, she even chased Icee around the back yard. She's on antibiotic meds and ointment, and is being a real trooper about it all. This is something I've never had to deal with before and hope never to have to again. There is a lot to be said for having your dog's anal gland expressed occasionally. Google it and you too can learn how to do it yourself and save on vet bills. Oh, the joys of owing a dog.

1 comment:

Kathy Baker said...

Poor puppy. Yes there is a lot to be said about anal gland expressing, namely PU! I am SO glad I had Chelsea's removed when I got her spade! Give Lala a kiss for me.