Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring is in the air...

This is a bloom from one of my new Hibiscus plants. It's called Dragon's Breath. The blooms are 6-7 inches across and what a beauty. We purchased six new plants at a recent Hibiscus Club garden sale. I'll post those blooms as they arrive.
Beautiful peach colored Amaryllis on the patio.
Dahlias in a hanging pot.
Pansies and purple Delphinia on the deck.
Yep, it's that time of year. The weather is great and lots of plants are blooming. John should know by now to keep me away from the local garden centers. These are some of my recent purchases. I wish I could take credit for growing them from seeds, but I have to admit that I can't resist having some beautiful color in the garden, even if it is store-bought. Lowe's just loves to see me coming. I do have some seedlings coming along, but it will be a while before they are blooming. Many of my Amaryllis in the ground are sending up bloom spikes and I can't wait to see what colors we get. I also have several orchids blooming. This one is one of my favorites. It's a deep goldenrod color with a deep burgundy lip. It's bloomed three times for me in the past year. I'm always happily surprised to see these beautiful blooms.

No comments: