Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring At Last!!!!......

It's Spring at last. The grass is growing, the flowers are blooming and the weather is great. It's nice to work in the yard and see all the new growth. The Amaryllis are blooming like crazy. These stripped ones are called "Candycane"
These red ones were given to us by our friend, Brenda Spivey, and they have been wonderful bloomers. I put most of them around the deck. I just wish they would bloom all year long.
Cindy and Marion gave me this herb and upside-down tomato planter for my birthday. I think I need to move the squash into the ground, though it seems very happy where it is. I think I see a red tomato peeking out. They should be ready for picking any day now.
This is a Snake Cactus we purchased during one of our trips to the Volusia County Flea Market. You can find some really nice plants there at really reasonable prices.
These Delphinium are just beautiful in various shades of blue and purple, my favorite colors. They are starting to decline now, but I can look forward to see what I get next year.
We purchased two new Desert Rose plants since we lost two of ours to this year's freeze. I hope we can keep these safe. Even our Mums are coming back from last Fall.
I added some purple Lobelia to some of my hanging pots and throughout the gardens. It's a ground cover, but works well in pots too. They are profuse bloomers. I just love the colors.
These Amaryllis were wintered in the pot. Left overs from Christmas. Aren't they beautiful?I love to buy new and unusual plants and have decided to try my hand a succulents. They are hardy and require less care, especially watering. This is a very nice one I found at the DeBary Farmer's Market last weekend, can't remember the name, but I just love the blooms. I need to find a stand for it since the leaves hang so long. Right now an upside-down pot will have to do.This cactus came from the same seller at the farmer's market. She has some really nice plants. I think it's a type of Burro's Tail cactus. It's sitting on one of our patio tables. It looks like it's about ready for a new pot. I believe it produces pretty pink blooms. Can't wait to see them.

No comments: