Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Daffodils and Azaleas

I put out around 100 Daffodil bulbs a month or so ago and they've finally started to bloom. I didn't realize the blooms were so small, about an inch across. I love the color and just had to snap some pictures. This is the first time I've tried them. I scattered them all over the place because I didn't know where they would like to grow. Next year I plan to concentrate them in one or two areas. Also our old Azaleas are just bursting out in bloom for the first time in around three years. I think that when we built the new house three years ago it must have affected them somehow because we were worried that they might never bloom again, but here they go. The bloom buster fertilizer must have really helped too. I also have three Amaryllis sending up bloom spikes. Can't wait to see what colors I get. Ain't Florida just great for growing stuff all year.

No comments: