Friday, January 30, 2009

Daisy Hat Cake



This is a carrot cake covered in butter-cream icing then covered with rolled marsh-mellow fondant which I made myself. The flowers, leaves and drapes are made with gum paste, also my recipe. The fondant and gum paste flowers will harden (though they are edible) quickly and last forever. Everything was sprinkled with edible sparkles. This was a fun and relatively easy cake to decorate. My big problem is organization. The flowers were made the day before. The base or hat brim is a cake board covered with fondant with a swirl pattern rolled over it. This cake is going to Mom for her to serve at her Sewing Circle Club meeting on Monday. Hope the ladies like it. My next decorating class will be one on making gum paste flowers. I look forward to creating some pretty flowers.

No comments: