Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Triple bloom

A triple coming from one bloom sheath. This doesn't happen often.

Nine open and at least nine more to go. Can't believe how this plant is busting out with Orchid blooms this time of year. Seems like a new one opens every day. I'm tempted to cut them off, but they last longer on the plant. Boy was it cold last night and it's supposed to be colder tonight...in the 20s. John and I spent the afternoon covering some of the more tender plants and putting the potted ones in the green house. It's packed with plants right now, but the little space heater is keeping them cozy warm at night. Looks like we'll be covering even more plants this afternoon. Brrrrr!!!!
Icee has been outside laying in the sun. Can't believe how she and Chili like being outside even in this cold weather. I've noticed that there are lots of birds feeding at the birds feeders. No doubt getting ready for the colder night tonight. LaLa is happy to stay in the house helping me. I fixed a big pot of chili last night and had our neighbors, Cindy and Marion, over for dinner. Nice hot food for a cold evening. Mmmm Mmmm good!! I'm getting ready to go out for lunch with my friend, Sue. Soup and salad at Olive Garden then off with my friend, Brenda, to visit our friend T in Lake Helen. Then back home to cover plants and out to dinner at Colorado's Steakhouse with family and friends. Busy day today.

No comments: