Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eagle in training

(click on pictures to enlarge)



I looked out at the lake this morning to see two eagles diving down towards the ducks and geese. It appears that the mature eagle is showing the young eagle how to hunt. The mature eagle would dive down as if to grab a goose then the young eagle would attempt it. At one point the mature eagle tried to grab a goose, but the goose dove under water to avoid capture. As I moved closer they retreated into the trees and called back and forth to each other. Boy, that was nature at it's finest. Then when I turned to return to the house I noticed a beautiful cardinal sitting on the bird feeder. As I sat and watched I saw many different birds having breakfast...Cardinal, Finches, Woodpeckers, Blue Jays and Dove. What a rainbow of color at the feeders today.

No comments: